Friday 1 July 2016

Night life

Always nice to see some wildlife out at night when on the pest control.
Headed over to my chicken coops this evening after a busy day at work on the shooting range to have a go at the rats. Tonight's bag was completely zero though! 
Sitting waiting for something to come out as it got dark, something nearby was snuggling in the overgrown meadow. My Nitesite viper picked up the tell tale glow of a pair of eyes... Zooming in ready to hit my first tat of the evening I quickly realised it was a large hedgehog heading over to my bait pile. 
Leave it alone and see if anything legitimate to shoot comes out with him.....
After an hour of waiting nothing else had emerged. 

A large rat then came into my field of view... Finally I readied myself to take a shot when it came back (as they always do) but this was not to happen tonight
Not my picture but you get the idea. A monster sized tawny owl started swooping in on the coop... Shooting over for the night then, I just hope it doesn't take a fancy to my chickens! .... Speaking of which I've got too many cockerels if anyone wants one (as a pet not to go in the pot!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment